Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Almost Got Away With It

As I was saying before, I came to live with my Mom and Dad around Christmas in 2009.  Shortly after I got settled in, there was a big change going on in my house!  There were boxes everywhere, and things kept disappearing that I had owned.  I started to get very scared, because I was worried that my new family would leave me.  They kept trying to explain that we were "moving".  I didn't know what that was.  All I knew was that stuff wasn't where it should be.
Where did it go?
This is mine.
Lots of boxes!
On Christmas Eve, my parents left me in my room with the door shut while they went somewhere to visit someone - I think it might have been my grandparents.  They were gone for a long time, and I got bored.  So, I decided to try and get out of my room.  Since my room was the bathroom, I climbed up on the toilet to get a better view of the situation.  I saw the doorknob, and knew that it had something to do with me getting out.  So I jumped at it.  It was kind of fun, actually, so I did it several more times.  After a bit, I managed to do something, and the door opened.  Freedom!!!
I had just got the door open and ran out when I heard someone coming up the stairs.  Mom and Dad came through the front door and I ran to hide.  They didn't know I was out, and didn't notice for a couple of minutes.  This gave me time to go back toward my room, hopefully to look innocent, but they saw me.  They were, to say the least, a bit surprised.  They asked me how I got out, but I just sat and looked cute.  I'd never tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment